When exploring your local waterfalls, you
will be accessing most of them by the trails owned and maintained by the
Hamilton Conservation Authority, City of Hamilton and the Bruce Trail.
Please keep in mind some trail etiquette as you explore the natural
beauty of the Hamilton area.
Share the trails with other users. Allow room for
passing on your left when walking in a group.
- Respect neighbouring landowners by staying off
private property and avoiding excessive noise. Some waterfalls are
located on private property and can only be viewed from the trail or
- Please take out and packaging or other refuse
that you bring in.
- Creek crossings on trails are by bridge. Please
don't walk or ride through the water.
- Park in designated parking areas.
- Please keep dogs on leashes and clean up after
- Watch for vehicular traffic on trails that cross
- No motorized vehicles are permitted on trails.
- Please stay on marked trail routes. There are
many rare and sensitive plants and small animals that could be
easily damaged or hurt if you leave the trails.
- Avoid disturbing local wildlife.
- Please note that the Bruce Trail is for hikers
- Hamilton Conservation Authority trails close at
- Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but